October is here and that means Halloween is just around the corner! Decorate your home with this cheeky pumpkin decoration that can be displayed on a door knob or make a few, sew them on a ribbon to make a garland. It’s such a fun project that will take just an hour of your weekend but will bring smiles to everyone all month:)
For one pumpkin you’ll need:
Download and print out a pattern from HERE
Felt in 2 shades of orange, little bit of light brown, white, black
(finished size of the decoration is 14 cm high and 17 wide)
Ribbon, about 25 cm
Orange, white and black DMC threads
1. Cut out all the parts as per the pattern.
2. Stitch eyes in place, following by cheeky smile in black thread.
3. Draw lines in chalk and stitch them in orange to give your pumpkin a dimension. Make sure you do not stitch across the mouth.
4. Attach a crochet flower and sew on beads, as many as you like.
5. Pin your decorated pumpkin on the other piece of felt in darker shade of orange as you see on the picture, insert the ribbon and the stalk.
6. Start stitching around, catching the ribbon and the stalk as you go.
7. cut off the excess felt but leave a few millimetres boarder.